Today world is talking about 5G Technology. 5G will help in the growth of the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence. 5G will be a combination of high-speed wireless communications and efficient cloud computing that even the tiniest device can access virtually unlimited computing power.
What is 5G Technology?
5G stands for “Fifth Generation” which is the latest generation of mobile phone technologies. It is the successor of 4G technology. 5G goes far beyond smartphones. This technology will undoubtedly be the boomer of the new economy, which will allow, for example, self-driving, an infinite improvement of virtual reality, smart cities, the development of home automation and integrate that work in the network.
The 5G promises to open the path for advanced surgical procedures, safer means of transport and instant communication for emergency and relief services.
The objective of 5G is to use different bands of spectra among which we highlight:
- Less than 1GHz
- Between 1 and 6 GHz
- Greater than 6 GHz up to 99 GHz
This use of spectra allows for an excellent mobility capacity. It is clear that to achieve these spectra it is very much important to have equipment that supports this type of technology.
Differences Between 4G and 5G?
1G: When developed in 1981, it had the capacity to reach a maximum of 20 million users worldwide and its transfer rate was some Kb per second.
2G: It was launched in 1990 and the term GSM was introduced, which improved voice quality, sending SMS, better transmission speed and it was having a speed of 56 Kb per second.
3G: Developed in 1999, it meant a total change to the standard at that time, since with 3G we achieved speeds of up to 2 MB per second, significant improvement of quality service and allowing integration with IP / TCP.
4G: It is the present generation of mobile networks and still in some countries it has not been fully implemented, and with 4G we are satisfied thanks to speed capacity of up to 20 MB per second which allows us to enjoy streaming without problems.
5G:5G allows you to download multimedia files of about 800 MB in barely a second while with 4G we speak of an average of 30 seconds. However, speed is not the only great benefit of 5G. Its unloading capacity will help us and benefit from its use is beyond what we do today.
5G Technology Features:
- The latency of only one millisecond; remember that latency is the time it takes to go the information from origin to destination, which will allow a noticeable improvement in communication.
- 100% coverage for which it will be necessary to make million-dollar investments at the physical infrastructure level
- It will have a bandwidth of 1,000 per unit area
- An IoT device will have a 10-year low power life
- It will have high-speed, depending on the device, up to 10 GB per second
- Reduce energy consumption in the network by up to 90%
- It will increase the number of devices connected from 10 to 100x which is calculated in an average of 50,000 million connected devices simultaneously
- 99% network availability
- The 5G networks will use the security standards SE, HSM, OTA, and KMS in order that the information sent will not be attacked.
A vital point of the 5G networks is its ability to provide access to all the devices located in the connection range, and best of all is that the channels will not be saturated or we will see the drop in frequent errors of the signal, etc. As an emerging tech firm in India, Innodel Technology supports and welcomes such a revolutionary change in IT industry.